Air polishing is a procedure which uses air & water pressure to deliver a controlled stream of specially processed powders in a slurry through the handpiece nozzle. Fine particles of powders are propelled by compressed air in a warm spray and directed onto the surfaces of the teeth. This pressurized jet of air, water and powder removes surface stains, plaque and other soft deposits such as food particles trapped in between the teeth.
But AIRFLOW Therapy isn't a typical air polishing treatment. Forget the messy, uncomfortable treaments you've given up on and explore the benefits AIRFLOW can bring to your patients and your practice.
Airflow is easy to incorporate into your routine. In addition to polishing, Airflow will support your treatment plans for each and every patient-whether they are standard check-ups or more advanced perio or specialty cases.
Everyday uses on all your patients:
- Supragingival plaque & biofilm removal
- Shallow subgingival biofilm removal
- Site-specific biofilm removal
- Stain removal
- Teeth polishing
- Effective cleaning prior to caries detection,
fluoride application and bleaching
- Implant maintenance
- Orthodontic brackets
- Effective cleaning prior to bonding, sealants, and placement of restorations and ortho
- Gentle cleaning on restorations (including crowns and veneers)
Multiple studies have found that hand instrumentation of subgingival biofilm removal in deep pockets can take between 30-64 seconds,air polishing with glycine powder has been found to take only 5 seconds per site 1,2
Who doesn't love the "just cleaned" feeling after a prophy appointment? Airflow not only cleans the plaque and stain patients can feel, but it ensures teeth are clean in the sulcus, as well.
The AIRFLOW system is built for comfort - yours and your patients'. Your patients will love the gentler, faster treatment. As you know, offices thrive on happy patients - leading to higher retention and more referrals.
Not only does AIRFLOW allow clinicians to provide an even higher level of patient care, but the time savings creates the "magical minutes" that can be used on providing additional services.
Invest in the best for your patients and your office. AIRFLOW has a "WOW" factor that clinicians will see and patients will feel when you bring this cutting edge technology into practice. Plus, several units feature award winning designs.
A great introduction to AIRFLOW Therapy, the handy 3.0 is a small, lightweight device that connects to your dental unit. Designed with a team of ergonomics experts, the slim handpiece is easy to grip and rotate, while the position of the powder chamber ensures an unrestricted view of the treatment area.
|Airflow handy 3.0||Airflow handy 3.0 PREMIUM||Airflow handy 3.0 PERIO|
|Designed for supragingival (with Classic powder) use but can also be used in shallow
subgingival areas (with PERIO or PLUS powder)
|Two-in-one functionality! Two handpiece attachments allow for both supragingival and
subgingival use with PERIO or PLUS powders
|Site-specific subgingival areas
(with PERIO or PLUS powder)
|Airflow Master®||Airflow Master Piezon®|
|• 2-in-1 device -features both
Airflow (supragingival) and
PERIO-FLOW (subgingival) therapies
• Two powder chambers to easily switch between Classic and PERIO or PLUS powders
• Perfect for both stain removal and biofilm management without interruption
|All of the features of the Airflow
Master with added Piezon® technology
for ultrasonic scaling!
|Airflow® S1||Airflow® S2|
|• Removes supragingival dental plaque,
soft deposits and surface stains from
pits, grooves, interproximal spaces
and smooth surfaces of the teeth
• Easy control and adjustment of water
and air to suit patients' clinical needs
|All of the features of the Airflow S1
with added Piezon® technology for ultrasonic scaling!
WHICH AIRFLOW UNIT IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
|Handy 3.0||Handy 3.0
- Made from Erythritol – a sugar alcohol
- 14 micron particle size for the finest powder in dentistry
- Safe for comprehensive biofilm removal on every supra- and subgingival surface
- Strong enough to efficiently remove light to moderate stains
- Made from Glycine - a non-essential, biocompatible amino acid
- 25 micron particles provide gentle, comfortable treatment
- Removes biofilm and light stain; ideal for subgingival biofilm, implant maintenance, ortho brackets and restorative materials
- The smallest particle Sodium Bicarbonate powder
- 40 micron particle size increases patient comfort without sacrificing stain removal
- Intended for supragingival use on the hard enamel surfaces
- Available in four flavors!
WHICH POWDER IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Airflow Handy 3.0 Brochure (HF-3030)
- Airflow® Air Polishing Solutions (HF-3473)
- Airflow® Patient Brochure (HF-3031)
- Airflow® Powders (HFL-087)
- Clinical Evidence for Airflow® Perio on Natural Teeth and Implants (HF-3430)
- Hu-Friedy EMS Units (HF-3000)
- Conquering Biofilm in the Subgingival Battlefield
- Magical Minutes… The Efficiency of Air Polishing!
- Tackling Biofilm with Air Polishing and Ultrasonics
- Reverse to Advance with Guided Biofilm Therapy
- 10 USES OF Airflow THERAPY
- Dental Products Report: How Airflow Simplifies Biofilm Management
- Erythritol powder: Its broad implications for oral health by Karen Davis
- Hu-Friedy and Electro Medical Systems Form Strategic Alliance
- Hu-Friedy Introduces Enhanced Device for Supra and Subgingival Biofilm Removal
- Magical Minutes Gained with Air Polishing by Karen Davis
- WHY Airflow PERIO POWDER?
- WHY POLISH FIRST? By Karen Davis
1 Wenstrom JL, Dahlen G, Ramberg P. Subgingival debridement of periodontal pockets by air polishing in comparison with ultrasonic instrumentation during maintenance therapy. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 2011; 38:820-827.
2 Moene R, Decaillet F, Andersen E, Mombelli A. Subgingival plaque removal using a new air polishing device. Journal of Periodontology 2010; 81:79-88. From http://www.hu-friedy.com/magicalminutes