YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING & NAVIGATING IMPLANTOLOGY PROCEDURES
Hu-Friedy's Implant Fundamentals is a complete, three-series eBook focused on the life cycle of a dental implant. At the end of each learning opportunity, you may take a post-test to earn 1 CE credit upon successful completion.
PART 1: ASSESSMENT AND EXTRACTION
Prepare for successful implant placement and long-lasting results by first focusing on patient assessment and treatment planning, followed by careful tooth extraction with attention to preserving the implant site. Other key topics:
Educational ObjectivesAt the conclusion of Part I, participants will be able to:
- List and describe the necessary steps of intraoral examination of tissue and bone
- Identify key considerations when placing implants (periodontal biotype, biologic width, and interproximal papillae)
- Understand the use of surgical guides and how they benefit implant positioning
- Identify atraumatic extraction goals and techniques
- Understand bone augmentation and regenerative techniques
- Know bone grafting materials & concepts
- Part 2: Surgical Techniques for Implant Placement & Prosthetic Selection
- Part 3: Implant Maintenance & Replacement
Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 6/1/2015 to 5/31/2019. Provider ID# 218966.
Commercial Disclaimer: This education program is made possible through the continued support of Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., L.L.C. The author(s) is a Hu-Friedy employee and/or consultant for different companies and organizations within the dental industry and received payment and/or product as compensation for the time involved in the development this course.
*Subject to sunshine reporting. NPI number required.
Hu-Friedy is the premier instrument company devoted to innovation, development and education. What I appreciate the most about Hu-Friedy is that their instrument design closely follows new findings in research and surgical approaches. Their new Implantology Guide is just another example of their commitment towards advancing education.
— Dr. Istvan Urban